Tuesday 15 February 2011

An inspector calls

Well as if life couldn’t get any stranger for me at the moment, we had the Rwandese version of Ofsted here today! I’ve come to the conclusion that inspectors the world over give me the heebie jeebies. Its not their fault, I just find them scary. An inspector came to watch me teach as I knew they would as I stick out like a sore thumb...not quite sure what they made of my work (I don’t think I got graded) but they did take lots of photos! Coming face to face with inspectors left me feeling traumatised enough to eat my whole chocolate stash in one day. Needed a hug and so I went outside and little Noella from next door kindly obliged.
I’m going to be kind to myself this evening and watch a film, have a glass of Amarula cream and remember that I can only do what I can do. Change takes time and Rome wasn’t built in a day. Its all feeling a bit stressful this week, feeling a bit frazzled. On the plus point people in the village are starting to talk to me more and so are the tutors so feeling a bit more at ease in my environment, slowly but surely. Hopefully I’ll be able to stop by a supermarket in Kigali at the weekend and buy some more weird Kenyan Cadburys for the next emergency. For all you kind souls out there, its not quite hot enough to melt chocolate out here and British Cadbury’s really is the best! Email me and I’ll give you an address...hint, hint, hint!

2 comments:

  1. already bought! & they're 'new' ... i'm addicted to them, hope you like them, will send asap!! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tell us your favourites and who knows you might get a nice surprise :-)

    ReplyDelete